I’ll admit -I haven’t been to many live concerts and I really have never been to a concert that you had to pay a significant amount of money for. BUT the few concerts I’ve been too have been fantastic and make me consider dropping everything and becoming a rock star!
One of our family’s favorite songs is Wildflower by the JaneDear Girls. Low and behold, I discovered they were going to be performing near us, it was free, and I could surprise the girls! What could go wrong? Well – we did have a great time, but there are a few take aways:
- If something is touted as “family friendly”, there is not guarantee that their definition of “family friendly” is the same as yours.
- Never, under any circumstance, believe that the star act you are waiting to see will begin at the time advertised.
- Remember ear plugs, even for country music.
- There is a direct correlation between the volume of the music and the amount of beers the DJ has had.
- The band playing back up, the techies, and the planners are just as important as the person whose name is on the band.
- Lastly, the Jane Dear girls are pretty awesome – talented singers, talented musicians, and normal looking females who dress appropriately (which for a family of 3 girls is a huge win!).